Started in 1905 by Swami Ramakrishnananda, a monastic disciple of Sri Ramakrishna, the Home was made a branch of the Mission in 1918. The centre provides free board, lodging and education to orphan / destitute children.
- A residential secondary school for boys.
- A residential polytechnic college providing three-year diploma courses in Mechanical, Automobile and Computer Engineering.
- A primary school
- A library.
- Vocational training: Training in accounting software.
- Free tution centres in two slums.
- Rural development activities: (a) Gadadhar Balaka Sanghas (tuition centres for poor children who were also given nutritious snacks) are conducted in six villages in the evenings. (b) Free medical camps conducted in six villages.
- Celebration of the birthdays of religious personalities, conducting religious classes, seminars, cultural competitions for students, etc.