The centre was started in 1941. Swami Krishnarupananda is its swami-in-charge.
- A library (with 3675 books) and a bookshop.
- Daily worship, occasional discourses, and fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan in the temple.
- Yoga classes, retreats and weekly religious classes at the centre, and occasional lectures at different places in the island.
- Weekly religious and cultural classes for children and annual competitions for students.
- Yearly book exhibition at the centre and at the University of Mauritius.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and some other religious luminaries, as also festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.
- A sub-centre at Julien D’Hotman on Royal Road, with the following activities:
- An English-medium pre-primary school with 20 children.
- Hindi classes for children.
- Weekly religious discourses.
- Religious festivals.