The centre was started in 1941. Swami Krishnarupananda is its swami-in-charge.
- A library (with 3675 books) and a book showroom.
- Daily worship, occasional discourses, and fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan in the temple.
- Yoga classes, retreats and weekly religious classes at the centre, and occasional lectures at different places in the island.
- Weekly religious and cultural classes for children and annual competitions for students.
- Yearly book exhibition and competitions (Recitation, Essay and Elocution) for School & College students at the centre.
- Celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and some other religious luminaries, as also festivals like Durga Puja, Kali Puja, etc.
Activities of the sub-centre at St. Julien D’Hotman:
- An English-medium pre-primary school with 17 children.
- Hindi classes for children.
- Weekly religious discourses.