The centre was started in 1930 and made a branch of the Mission in 1934. It is a comprehensive educational institution, spread over an extensive plot of land on the Coimbatore-Ootacamund Road, 19 km from the town.
- An autonomous arts and science college, which offers degree, postgraduate, M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses (roll strength – 1175). It also offered Bachelors of vocational training courses in technical subjects (96 students).
- A self-financing college of arts and science, which offers B.Com, B.Sc., BCA and MCA courses (roll strength – 845).
- A higher secondary school having 1688 students (of whom 433 girls and 9 disabled). Special coaching facilities are provided to them in certain sports and games besides academic education.
- A residential high school with 264 students. Integrated education was provided to 6 blind boys along with other students.
- A senior basic school having 563 students, of whom 220 were girls.
- A residential autonomous teachers’ training college offering B.Ed., M.Ed., M.Phil. and Ph.D. courses. It had 42 students during the year. The attached research department conducts educational research and publishes a quarterly journal.
- A residential secondary grade teachers’ training institute with 45 students.
- The Faculty of Disability Management and Special Education under Vivekananda University offered one-year diploma course in Sign-language Interpretation, two-year diploma and one-year B.Ed. and M.Ed. courses in Special Education in visual and hearing impairment and mental retardation, and two-year Ph.D research programme in Special Education. In all 72 students studied under this faculty. Its Braille production unit produced 2500 Braille books. The Faculty centre for Agricultural Education and Research under Vivekananda University offered three-year degree course in Agriculture to 124 students. The Faculty centre for Computer Science Applications and Research under Vivekananda University offered five-year M.Sc. course for 42 students.
- A college of physical education with 123 students. Its fitness centre had 743 members. The Faculty of General and Adapted Physical Education and Yoga, attached to College of Physical Education, offered diploma, graduation and post-graduation degrees, besides offering M.Phil and Ph.D research programmes and add-on programmes in Special Olympics, Yoga and Fitness under Vivekananda University (222 boys).
- An autonomous polytechnic, which offers diploma courses in information technology, civil, mechanical and electrical & electronics engineering. It had 762 students this year.
- An industrial training institute offering two-year courses in fitting, turning, draughtsmanship, motor mechanics, electrical wiring and machining, and a one-year course in welding. It registered 379 students this year. Besides, 280 unemployed women were given short-term skill training in CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine operation, tailoring, arecanut leaf plate making and non-woven bag making.
- An industrial section, a key maintenance wing, which looks after the repair and maintenance needs of the various institutions of the Vidyalaya.
- A printing press to take care of almost all printing needs of the Vidyalaya.
- An institute of agriculture, which offers a two-year diploma course. It had 101 students during the year.
- Sixteen libraries of the Vidyalaya, which had 1,63,735 books and 439 periodicals and newspapers.
- Sixteen hostels with 1752 students.
- A personality development camp (attended by 101 students).
- A charitable dispensary (12,606 patients treated) and medical camps (620 patients treated).