The Vidyapith was started in 1922.
- A residential English-medium higher secondary school for boys, affiliated to the Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi. Its library has 24,149 books and 42 newspapers and periodicals.
- A free study-cum-coaching centre for scheduled caste, scheduled tribe and other backward class students, who were provided with free books, dress, etc.
- Balakendra, a free hostel, for tribal boys.
- Non-formal education centres at 9 villages around Deoghar town.
- An allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary.
- A mobile medical unit.
- Three units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa.
- A unit of National Institute of Open Schooling which provided computer training and training in electrical trades.
- A tribal museum, a dairy, an exhibition on the life of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and monastic disciples of Sri Ramakrishna, a gymnasium and a cultural complex.
- Religious activities like wekly scriptural classes and celebration of the birthdays of spiritual luminaries and weekly scriptural classes.
- Welfare work by way of distributing blankets and clothes to the needy.