The Vidyapith was started in 1958.
- A higher secondary school (roll strength 792). The attached school library had 34,984 books and 73 periodicals during the year. Its hostel had 787 boarders.
- Free-of-cost coaching centres: one at ashrama (137 children) and eight in nearby villages (815 children).
- Three units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa in three villages for 306 underprivileged children.
- A vocational training centre which trained 80 women in tailoring.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 63,500 patients this year.
- A mobile medical unit (3328 cases treated this year).
- A children’s park, an observatory and an archaeological and art museum.
- A dairy and a poultry farm.
- Religious activities: Regular religious discourses, and celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work: Installation of water purification plant, distribution of clothes and blankets, and providing educational and pecuniary help to the needy.