The Vidyapith was started in 1958.
- A higher secondary school (roll strength 701). The attached school library had 34,253 books and 73 periodicals during the year. Its hostel had 694 boarders.
- Six coaching centres with 405 poor children of the locality.
- Four units of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa in four villages for 323 underprivileged children.
- A vocational training centre which trained 115 women in tailoring, 59 women in making dhup, 20 boys in two-wheeler repairing and 15 boys in welding.
- A mobile audio-visual unit, which screened 16 films, benefiting 11,046 villagers.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, which treated 38,600 patients this year.
- A mobile medical unit (1743 cases treated this year).
- A miniature zoo and an archaeological and science museum.
- A dairy and a poultry farm.
- Religious activities: Regular religious discourses, and celebration of the birthdays of spiritual luminaries.
- Welfare work by way of installation of tube-wells and providing pecuniary help to the needy.