The centre was started in 1956 and made a branch of the Mission in 2001.
Activities at Sitanagaram, Guntur district:
- A high school (Telugu Medium) with 134 boys and 133 girls.
- A high school (English Medium) with 399 boys and 351 girls.
- A students’ home with 14 poor students.
- A small weekly homeopathic dispensary which treated 324 poor patients.
- Viveka Vahini, a mobile unit for imparting values education in villages and educational institutions. It screened 40 films benefiting 40,345 people.
- Balak Sangham, a cultural centre with 1230 school children.
- A special coaching centre for Hindi with 266 students.
- Two units of Gadadhara Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 134 poor children.
- Welfare work by way of distributing school uniforms, notebooks and scholarships to needy students, pecuniary help to the poor, midday meals to students, etc.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, Ramnam on Ekadashi days, celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and retreats, religious discourses, etc.
Activities at Vijayawada city centre:
- Vivekananda study circle, a cultural centre with 185 young men.
- Exhibitions on the lives and teachings of Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- Evening aratrikam every day and religious classes twice a week.