The centre was started in 1956 and made a branch of the Mission in 2001.
Activities of the main centre in Sitanagaram, Guntur district:
- A secondary school (Telugu Medium) with 116 boys and 134 girls.
- A secondary school (English Medium) with 436 boys and 383 girls.
- A students’ home with 8 poor students.
- A small weekly homeopathic dispensary which treated 285 poor patients.
- Viveka Vahini, a mobile unit for imparting values education in villages and educational institutions. It screened 62 films benefiting 21,581 people.
- Balala Sangham, a cultural centre with 912 school children.
- A special coaching centre for Hindi with 197 students.
- Two units of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 127 poor children.
- Welfare work by way of distributing school uniforms, notebooks and scholarships to needy students, and providing ration kits, pecuniary help and medical help to the poor.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, religious discourses, residential spiritual retreats, Ramanam on Ekadashi days, celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda.
Activities at the city centre (Gandhi Nagar, Vijayawada):
- Vivekananda study circle, a cultural centre with 195 young men.
- Exhibitions on the lives and teachings of Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- Evening aratrikam every day and religious classes twice a week.