The ashrama was started in 1957 and made a branch of the Mission in 1968.
- A charitable allopathic-cum-homeopathic dispensary, with a pathological laboratory and X-ray, dermatology, dental, eye, ENT, orthopaedic, gynaecology, neurology, psychiatry, pediatrics and physiotherapy sections. Total 1,08,589 cases were treated.
- A public library and a reading room with 61,090 books and 86 newspapers and periodicals.
- Vivek Jyoti, a monthly journal in Hindi (54th year with 12,000 subscribers).
- A free hostel for 25 poor and meritorious college students.
- A free coaching centre with 50 poor school children.
- Spiritual retreats, cultural competitions, etc.
- Religious activities: Daily worship, fortnightly Ramnam Sankirtan, religious classes, public lectures, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda and other religious teachers.