The centre was started in 1997 on the Bhojeshwar Bungalow premises, which is sanctified by Swami Vivekananda’s stay for four months in 1891-92.
- A dispensary with allopathic, ayurvedic, homeopathic and physiotherapy sections.
- Twelve eye-camps and needy patients were operated on for cataract.
- A library and a free reading room with 19,241 books and 42 periodicals and newspapers.
- A coaching centre for poor students who were also given training in computer operations.
- Vocational training in tailoring for girls.
- A permanent exhibition on Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- A summer camp for children, values education programs for students, and cultural competitions.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of educational kits, sewing machines, providing educational help and pecuniary help to the needy.
- Religious activities: Daily prayers, religious discourses, retreats, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries.