The centre was started in 1997 at the Bhojeshwar Bungalow premises, which was sanctified by Swami Vivekananda’s stay for four months in 1891-92.
- A charitable dispensary with allopathic, ayurvedic, homeopathic and physiotherapy sections: 9485 cases were treated during the year.
- Twelve eye-camps were conducted in which 883 persons were treated and 337 patients were operated on for cataract.
- A library and a free reading room with 19,100 books and 47 periodicals and newspapers.
- A free coaching centre and computer classes for 85 poor students.
- Vocational training in tailoring for 83 girls.
- A permanent exhibition on Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- A summer camp (85 children), 29 values education programs attended by 4485 students and 131 teachers and Annual competitions.
- A unit of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa with 66 poor children.
- Welfare work by way of distribution of educational kits, sewing machines, providing educational help and pecuniary help to the needy.
- Religious activities: Daily prayers, religious discourses, retreats, and celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda and other religious luminaries.