The centre was started in 1920 and made a branch of the Mission in 1927.
- One higher secondary school with 1414 boys and 1014 girls.
- Five secondary schools with 2167 students. Two of these schools are for boys, two for girls, and one for both in separate shifts.
- Four English-medium secondary schools with 3921 students.
- Five middle schools with 2787 students.
- One upper primary school with 73 boys and 50 girls.
- Vocational training: Conducted advanced certificate course in computers for 35 rural youths and trained 48 tribal boys and girls in typewriting.
- A free non-formal school with 177 children; and a centre of National Institute of Open Schooling with 44 students.
- A students’ home with 115 students, particularly from rural and backward communities who are also given free computer training.
- Sixteen school libraries (total 76,916 books) and book banks.
- A public library and a free reading room with 8004 books and 42 periodicals and dailies.
- A mobile medical unit for poor people, which treated 38,818 cases.
- Five charitable homeopathic dispensaries in remote villages of East Singhbhum district: 12,652 cases treated.
- Nine free eye camps, in which 1228 people were examined, 689 were operated on for cataract and 528 free spectacles were given.
- A blood donation camp in which 163 people donated blood.
- A unit of Gadadhar Abhyudaya Prakalpa for 50 poor children.
- Religious activities included daily worship, fortnightly Ramanam Sankirtan, celebration of the birth anniversaries of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and festivals like Durga Puja, Kali puja etc. Weekly classes and occasional lectures were conducted.
- Welfare work by way of feeding the poor, providing pecuniary help and blankets to the needy, uniforms and scholarships to poor and needy students.