The centre was started in 1974 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 1999. Swami Nirmalatmananda is its minister-in-charge.
- Daily prayers and meditation, and reading from sacred books.
- Discourses on Wednesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, as also Christmas Eve and Durga Puja.
- Publication of Vedanta, a quarterly magazine in Portuguese (7th year).
- A library.
- Welfare work by providing nutritious food to poor families every month and non-formal education to poor students.
- Lectures in universities, colleges and other institutions, regular participation in inter-religious meetings, and interviews to spiritual seekers.
- The swami and other monks of the Ashrama visited several cities of Brazil and conducted retreats and other activities.
- Retreats at the Ashrama’s retreat centre at Embu Guacu, 45 km from the Ashrama.
- A sub-centre at Belo Horizonte, where the swamis visit regularly to conduct various programmes.