The centre was started in 1990 and made a branch of Ramakrishna Math in 2000. Swami Sridharananda is its minister-in-charge.
- Daily worship, evening arati, fortnightly Ramnam sankirtan, and devotional singing.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and also other festivals.
- Weekly religious discourses, scriptural classes, chanting classes, yoga classes and cultural programmes.
- A library and a bookstall.
- A rally in Sydney with 40,000 participants ahead of the COP21 Paris UN climate conference.
- Publication of a tri-annual magazine, Reach, containing information about the various activities of the centre and articles about Ramakrishna-Sarada-Vivekananda and Vedanta.
- Religious classes and lectures in universities and to the groups of devotees at Adelaide, Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne and Perth as also in other cities of Australia and New Zealand.
- Individual counselling, interviews, etc and monthly career counselling programmes.
- Annual retreat programmes.
- A children’s programme on Saturdays.