This Vedanta Society, the first in the USA, was started by Swami Vivekananda in 1894. A branch of Ramakrishna Math, it had Swami Tathagatananda as its minister-in-charge till June 2016 and now Swami Sarvapriyananda has been appointed as its minister-in-charge.
- Daily prayer, weekly devotional singing, Sunday service, and classes on The Gospel of Sri Ramakrishna every Tuesday and on the Bhagavad Gita every Friday.
- Talks in different parts of USA, and interviews to spiritual aspirants.
- Special services on Christmas, Good Friday, Easter, Durga Puja day, Kali Puja day and the birthdays of Buddha, Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda.
- A website which is a valuable source of inspiration for spiritual seekers and provides information to the public.
- A library and a reading room with 1500 books for members and friends, and a bookshop.
- Publication of a number of books on the lives and teachings of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother and Swami Vivekananda, and on the systems of Yoga and Vedanta.
- The annual Vivekananda Festival at Vivekananda Retreat, Ridgley.