Started in 1930, this branch of Ramakrishna Math has Swami Sarvadevananda as the minister-in-charge, assisted by a few monks and nuns.
- The Society has a temple, a monastery, a convent and a bookshop in Hollywood. At Santa Barbara, California, it has a temple, a convent, a monastery and a bookshop. At Trabuco Canyon, California, it has a temple, a monastery, a shrine trail and a bookshop. At San Diego, California, the centre has a monastery and a shrine. The activities of these centres are as follows:
- Daily meditation, worship and vesper service in all the four establishments.
- Periodical Ramnam Sankirtan and
- Celebration of religious festivals such as Kali Puja, Shivaratri and Christmas, and the birthdays of Sri Krishna, Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Brahmananda and founders of different faiths.
- Classes on weekdays and lectures on Sundays.
- The minister-in-charge and other monks and nuns lectured at various places and took part in inter-religious meets, etc.
- Vedanta Archives, which runs a website and offers free lectures and other materials.
- The house in South Pasadena, California, where Swami Vivekananda stayed for some days in 1900, is maintained by the Society as a shrine and a memorial to Swamiji. Retreats are held there every month.
- Monthly retreats at Pinon Hills, California.
- In Washington D.C. sub-centre, Sunday lectures, regular scriptural classes, retreats, weekly Karma Yoga day, daily worship and vesper service, and celebration of the birth anniversaries of religious personalities were held.
- At Vivekananda Retreat, Ridgely, (where Swami Vivekananda had stayed for three months, the longest period at any place in USA) weekly classes, regular lectures, weekend retreats and special retreats were conducted.