The Society was started in 1938. Swami Chetanananda is the minister-in-charge of this branch of Ramakrishna Math.
- A library (with 2814 books) and a book showroom.
- Sunday services, weekday classes including chanting classes, and weekly study circle meetings.
- Interviews with students and spiritual aspirants in and outside the Society.
- Retreats, vigils and annual Vivekananda Festival.
- Celebration of religious festivals such as Durga Puja, Easter, Christmas and Kalpataru Day and also the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Brahmananda and other religious luminaries.
- The swami participated in several interfaith meetings and seminars, and also gave lectures and conducted retreats in many parts of the country.
- The publication unit having many titles to its credit.
Vedanta Society of Kansas City, founded in 1947, is functioning as a sub-centre of Vedanta Society of St. Louis. Regular services, classes and retreats were conducted at the sub-centre.