The Society was started in 1938. Swami Chetanananda is the minister-in-charge of this branch of Ramakrishna Math.
- A library (with 2804 books) and a bookshop.
- Sunday services, weekday classes including chanting classes, and weekly study circle meetings.
- Interviews to students and spiritual aspirants in and outside the Society.
- Retreats, vigils and annual Vivekananda Festival.
- Celebration of religious festivals such as Durga Puja, Easter, Christmas and Kalpataru Day and also the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi, Swami Vivekananda, Swami Brahmananda and other religious luminaries.
- The swami participated in several interfaith meetings and seminars, and also gave lectures and conducted retreats in many parts of the country.
- The publication unit has published several titles so far.
- A sub-centre at Kansas City, where regular services, classes and lectures were held.