Started in 1930, this Society is a branch of Ramakrishna Math. It was shifted to its present home at Homer Glen in 2008. Swami Ishatmananda is the minister-in-charge.
- Daily worship in the shrine, Sunday services, weekly Sanskrit class and other classes on two weekdays.
- Celebration of the birthdays of Sri Ramakrishna, Holy Mother Sri Sarada Devi and Swami Vivekananda, and other religious festivals.
- A library and a book showroom. Publication of a quarterly eZine Chicago Calling.
- An exhibition on Swami Vivekananda.
- Regular spiritual counselling, and lectures in Chicago and other American cities, Canada and Trinidad. The Swami attended meetings at the University of Chicago as one of the religious advisors.
- Classes on every Saturday at the Society’s apartment in Chicago.
Activities of Vivekananda Retreat:
- Daily worship in the shrine and Sunday services.
- A library, a book showroom, an auditorium and a museum on Indian culture.
- Retreats for spiritual aspirants.